“Boopen” is one of the most important skills in “Dauntless”: So calls the community of the action game interrupting attacks of behemoths. As a result, the monsters weakened to the ground and are defeated faster. We show you what you have to consider for the perfect boop.
- You can interrupt behemoths with these attacks
- That’s how you recognize attacks that you can interrupt
- You can not interrupt these behemoths right now
Some behemoths in “Dauntless” have attacks that can be interrupted by starting a special counter-attack at the right moment. If that happens to you, the effect is quite spectacular: The monster staggers, falls and stays on the ground for a while. During this time it is maximally vulnerable.
It’s clear that every hunting group is looking forward to a capable Slayer, who masters the lovingly “Boopen” baptized break perfectly – especially against heavier behemoths. But early in the game, the ability already serves you well.
… for example against the nasty sprint attacks of the Embermane!
Three things are crucial for a successful boop:
- Know the counterattack of your equipped weapon.
- Realize if the Behemoth is about to interrupt.
- Hit at the right moment.
At point 3, we can not really help you here – the perfect timing to interrupt you have to find out by playing yourself. If you know the right counters and the right attacks of behemoths, the right time is not too hard to find.
You can interrupt behemoths with these attacks
Basically every weapon has the ability to interrupt attacks. These are usually the heavy attacks of the respective weapon type (right mouse button / Y button / triangle button). But: Not all weapons make boopen easy. Boops with the hammer are the easiest to learn, for the chain blades and the east repeating pistols you need a special items before. Here are the most effective counter attacks at a glance.
With a hammer you are well equipped to interrupt.
- Hammer:The Heavy Attacks “Shattering Volley”, “Aetherstrike” and “Charged Blows” are all suitable for interrupting. The easiest way to work the Boop but with “Shattering Salve”, as this attack has the shortest preparation time and is the most flexible use.
- Sword:The heavy attack can interrupt, but the timing is not easy. Alternatively, you can dodge and then boopen with a light attack.
- Ax:Charged light attacks and heavy attacks can interrupt behemoths.
Charge your ax strike before the Embermane rushes up.
- War Speer:Press Dodge and then immediately make a Heavy Attack. Alternatively: Invite the War Spear for a Special Attack (“Etheric Conversion”) to (Q / RB Button / R1 Button) and fire the “Aether Shot” with the same button.
- Chain blades:In order to interrupt Behemoths with the Chain Blades, you must equip them with two “Weighted Cells +3” cells for a total of +6. So prepared, their heavy attacks can be used to interrupt.
The rare “+3” cells can be made by the middleman in Ramsgate by combining more abundant cells.
- Osterei Repetierpistolen:Also the East Republic repeater pistols need the “cell of weighted hits +6” before they can interrupt with heavy attacks. Alternatively, you can screw on the saboteur grip and then lay mines that also interrupt behemoths if you can lure them into it. However, this is only possible if you are “authorized” while laying – and you only get this special status if you have reloaded close to the monster. Long story short: If you want to boopen effectively, use another weapon.
The repeating pistols are not well suited for booing.
That’s how you recognize attacks that you can interrupt
You can detect interruptible attacks in “Dauntless” by the red glowing symbols that appear around the head of the behemoth. Ideally, you do not just rely on it, but also observe the behavior of the monster – you can often see before the emergence of the symbols, whether an interruptible attack comes. Here are the corresponding attacks of behemoths in alphabetical overview.
If these stripes appear on the head of a Behemoth, you can interrupt it.
- Embermane:If the Behemoth charges you, attack his head with a counter-attack.
- Gnasher:The Behemoth jumps up and then slips on his stomach towards you. Meanwhile hit him with a counter-attack to interrupt him.
- Kharabak:If the monster is hovering over you while it is clawing the ground with a claw, you can interrupt it with a counterattack.
But beware: If the claw is not on the ground, it will not bother with the boop!
- Koshai:Inflict the Behemoth as much damage as possible while wrapping himself in his thorns. During his jump attack you can also boopen him.
- Nayzaga:Destroy the loaded five-spine construct that Nayzaga summons in the Aether-charged state to break the Behemoth.
- Pangar:Hit him during his roll attack with a counter-attack.
- Quillshot:When the Behemoth gets angry (recognizable by its red color), simply inflict as much damage as possible to interrupt it.
If Quillshot turns red, attack him with all his strength.
- Riftstalker:Every time he jumps out of his portal, this Behemoth can be interrupted.
- Shrike:The Behemoth spreads its wings and flies quickly near you to the ground. Meanwhile hit him with a counter-attack.
- Shrowd:When Shrowd is in his shadow dimension, he performs a sliding attack that can be interrupted by a counter-attack.
The eerie Shrowd lives in his own kingdom.
- skarn:When he gets up, he attacks his hind legs to interrupt him. If he uses his tornado attack, you can also interrupt him with counter attacks – but best with a long-range weapon.
- Skraev:If he spreads the wings, he starts a gliding attack that can be interrupted with a counterattack.
- Stormclaw:After setting up his traps, he starts a rush that you can interrupt with a counterattack.
- Valomyr:While Valomyr is surrounded by his lasers, you can interrupt him. Pay close attention to the red symbols on his head.
Space Beetle Valomyr shoots with beams of light.
You can not interrupt these behemoths right now
There are no known boop attacks for the following behemoths:
Since “Dauntless” is constantly being developed, this may change in the future.
- Some “dauntless” homemoths have attacks that you can interrupt with their own attacks. In the game jargon that means “boopen”.
- The monsters then stagger, fall and are vulnerable.
- Each weapon has interruption attacks. Mostly these are the heavy attacks.
- With weapons like the hammer breaking is quite easy, the Osti repeating pistols are less suitable for booing.
- You recognize the right time to boopen at the red symbols on the head of a behemoth.
- Not all behemoths have interruptible attacks.