In the action game “Dauntless” you hunt along with friends huge monsters on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Anyone who owns a Nintendo Switch, but may also look forward to a release. Here you will find out for when it is planned and what special features the switch version brings.
- When will the switch version be released?
- Does the switch version support Crossplay?
- Is “Dauntless” on the switch also free-to-play?
- What does the “Dauntess” gameplay look like on the Nintendo Switch?
The fact that “Dauntless” will also appear for the hybrid console from Nintendo, is certain: The developers of Studio Phoenix Labs have already promised the release on the game website and already released a trailer.
When will the switch version be released?
There is currently no exact release date for the switch version of “Dauntless”. As a publication period, Nintendo is on the official website butWinter 2019on. Sometime between October and December, the game should appear in the eShop.
Does the switch version support Crossplay?
The developers have proclaimed the maxim “One Dauntless” for “Dauntless”. By this they mean a unified version of the game on all supported platforms, allowing full crossplay, cross-saves and cross-buy. Also on the Nintendo Switch, you’ll probably be able to interact with players on PC, PS4 and Xbox One and also be able to switch between platforms at any time.
This is made possible by the cooperation between the developers and Epic Games: Similar to “Fortnite”, your Epic account serves as the interface between all platforms and as the central storage space for your data.
Is “Dauntless” on the switch also free-to-play?
“Dauntless” is completely free to play on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. That will be the case on the Nintendo Switch. Pleasant side effect: You probably do not need a subscription on Nintendo Switch Online to go hunting with friends for behemoths. Usually this service is necessary to use the online multiplayer of games on the console. Free games are excluded.
What does the “Dauntless” gameplay look like on the Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch can not deliver the same performance as a PC, PS4 or Xbox One. The switch version of “Dauntless” will probably have to make a few compromises in terms of graphics quality and performance. There are already a few gameplay impressions from the port for the console, so you can impress yourself in the video below. Note, however, that this is not the final version of the switch version – the developers may try to further optimize the gameplay until the release.
- “Dauntless” also starts on the Nintendo Switch in the winter of 2019. An exact date for the release does not exist yet.
- The game will also be playable on the Nintendo console for free, offering crossplay with PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Membership of Nintendo Switch Online is unlikely to be necessary to play the online game.
- With resolution and frame rate, the switch version will probably make some compromises as the console is less powerful than the other platforms.